Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration at Union Station [January 20th | 20/365]

The white woman with her four black foster children who explained who every single person on screen was
The portly old woman who yelled "put some pride in your stride" when Obama walked on stage
All who sat and stood and jumped and danced and shouted and hugged around and with me
Everyone kept on cheering clapping and crying when the camera cut from Obama to Bush
The woman waving the Canadian flag and the man who gave me his stars and stripes
My friends who texted me with with witty and joyful commentary on the inauguration
The people who clapped when Obama said the word "non-believers"
My friend who danced with me afterwards to warm up joyously
All those people were holy to me
I will keep their memories
Safe from cynicism

No comments:

Post a Comment